Services for Tenants
Phoenix Property Services can help you with the process of renting a property, from finding a suitable home through to ensuring all relevant checks are carried out, both on behalf of the tenant and the landlord. Our friendly and helpful staff are on hand throughout this process to answer any queries. Below is the link to " How To Rent" https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/464910/How_to_Rent_October_2015_FINAL.pdf
- When we have found you a property that meets your requirements, we would then need to take up references from your bank, employer and previous landlord. In some cases we may ask you for a person to stand as guarantor. A credit search will also be carried out.
- We would ensure that the property you are renting has a valid gas safety certificate.
- Once satisfactory references have been received we will notify both yourselves and the landlord.
- With everything in order, the Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement can then be signed.
- A deposit, (usually one calendar month's rent) is required, in addition to one months rent in advance.
- You will be required to set up a standing order at your bank in order that the rent can be paid into our bank account. Alternative payment methods can by made by mutual agreement.
- You will be provided with two sets of keys, a third set will be held by ourselves to enable access in case of an emergency.
- Please remember that you, as the tenant, will be responsible for all contents insurance, council tax, gas, water, electricity and telephone payments for the duration of your tenancy.